Happy New Year everyone!

I nominated Mike Moon for Best Vlogger.  I wanted to vote for someone
I watch a lot, whose output in 2009 was prolific (and consistently
engaging) at a time when most of us are vlogging less and less.

Those of you who don't watch him, you can find him at http://mikemoon.net/

Not so long ago, we would all have got engaged and excited by
something to focus on like this - a chance to make some noise outside
our little community here.  I urge you to think for a moment about the
shows and vloggers you watch, and go support them by voting at:
http://www.streamys.org/submit/public-submissions-people/

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv

On 22 Dec 2009, at 20:29, Steve Garfield wrote:

> Hey Adam,
>
> I love this quote about popularity contests, "I hate them until I
> win, then I love them."
>
> I'm happy to see that the Streamy's have a category for Best Vlogger.
>
> That's great because it brings us back to the individual, as opposed
> to almost all the other categories that are for a Web Series.
>
> There's nothing wrong with Web Series, but I'm glad this individual
> category got in there, even if they still label the data entry boxes
> with the word 'series'.
>
> So if you are heading over to key in votes, I'll submit my info so
> it's easy to copy and paste. ;-)
>
> 1. Go here http://www.streamys.org/submit/public-submissions-people/
>
> 2. Category: Best Vlogger
>
> 3. Person: Steve Garfield
>
> 4. Series Name: Steve Garfield's Video Blog
>
> 5. Series URL: http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/
>
> Thanks!
>
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Adam Quirk <qu...@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > The Streamys are an awards show for web video shows. It's sort of a
> > popularity contest, so if you could take 1 minute and submit us
> that would
> > be great.
> >
> > All you have to do is go to the website, select "Best Experimental
> Series",
> > and put in our show.
> >
> > 1. Go here http://www.streamys.org/submit/public-submissions/
> >
> > 2. Category: Best Experimental Web Series (2/3 down the list)
> >
> > 3. Series Name: *Wreck & Salvage*
> >
> > 4. Series URL: *wreckandsalvage.com*
> >
> > 2010 is going to be a big year for web video, and a little bit of
> > recognition goes a long way.
> >
> > I recommend you submit all your other favorite shows in their
> respective
> > categories as well. This is a great way to support your favorite
> producers
> > without having to shell out any cash.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Adam Quirk