What hiss? Not listening closely, but I have the macbookpro cranked, and I'm
not hearing hiss.

Or make sure you're not sitting close to a heater or a fan, or other just
... room stuff that's making noise, maybe?

Basically, I'm not convinced that your hiss problem is with the mic - I'm
thinking it's more environmental (or the volume of the mic wasn't up loud
enough to cover the hiss - but then again, I wasn't bothered by any
noticeable hiss).

Hope this helps!

David Lee King
davidleeking.com - blog