I am enjoying reading all these comments - though my head is like a
ping pong ball banging back and forth as I agree with virtually all of
the statements!

Most of all though I have had a lifelong irritation with virtually
every industry I have worked in that values the stuff more than the
people. Conferences will pay for fancy programs and glitch and glam
yet want speakers to pay their own way. Businesses will spend $40,000
on a one seat bathroom, and kvetch about a website that costs $5000
(that is a real example from one of our earlier clients.) Velvet seats
for the theatre and fancy cocktail parties for the donors yet the
ballerinas make pennies. So that prob is nothing for us to feel
special about. :-)

Our show is approaching it's 4th anniversary - we were "late" to the
party but there is still energy there I cannot define. At it's root,
people feel good when they watch it.  For me, after 757 episodes, it
still has meaning, and we still have ideas, but it is much harder to
find the time. We've had almost no sponsorship or financial support in
the entire term.

Anyway, I just posted the first thing in several weeks - it's a nice
oddball show that speaks to the videoblog sensibility not the hulu
one, that I hope might help you feel good too.
http://www.beachwalks.tv/2010/02/15/beach-walk-757-waves-washing-over-us/

Though I really do like watching 30Rock on hulu from the laptop while
cooking dinner!

Love,

Rox