Lisa,
   To be fair, I think it's more of a really-wide-angle than fisheye. From
what I've read, the difference is that fisheye produce a distinct
hemispherical distortion. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisheye_lens.

The GoPro Hero Camera seems to be quite wide, but before the distortion gets
as pronounced as a typical fisheye.

--
Kevin Lim
Cyberculturalist