I just said "thanks Rupert" out loud. Neoscene just made my life much easier. I'm kicking myself for sitting on it this whole time.
Yeah I like Premiere, but it's a fickle mistress. It crashes every once in a while, as do all computer programs I suppose. I think it's about the same as Final Cut, but I've only used FCP a couple times. I really like the keyframe animation options built into Premiere, and it's pretty easy to switch back and forth between After Effects and Premiere on the same project. In my dreams, AE has audio editing and can import any codec. AQ On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Rupert Howe <[email protected]> wrote: > I found myself tempted back to PC for the first time yesterday. > Realised how often Apple decisions that affect video (in their apps, > browsers, phones, Quicktime) have pissed me off and how little I trust > them to keep doing the right thing. > And then saw this - the Adobe/Nvidia Mercury Playback engine: > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xso6CGdsl2c&feature=player_embedded > And thought about the possibility of switching back to Adobe CS5 video > apps on PC > You obviously like Premiere? I haven't used it properly since the > nineties, I don't think. > > Rupert > http://twittervlog.tv > > > On 15 Apr 2010, at 16:45, Adam Quirk wrote: > > > I think I downloaded that and forgot to install it. Trying it now, > > thanks. > > > > On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Rupert Howe > > <[email protected]> wrote: > > > > > Sorry - pasted wrong link: > > > http://www.cineform.com/neoscene/ > > > > > > On 15 Apr 2010, at 16:35, Rupert Howe wrote: > > > > > > > Have you tried using Cineform Neoscene AVIs? > > > > > > > > http://www.videoguys.com/Item/CineForm+Neo+Scene+PC/54E4543435F454E4.aspx > > > > Comes highly recommended for easy cutting of 5D Mk2 clips in > > full HD > > > > with Premiere. > > > > Costs $99, but they have a trial. > > > > > > > > > > > > Rupert > > > > http://twittervlog.tv > > > > > > > > On 15 Apr 2010, at 16:11, Adam Quirk wrote: > > > > > > > >> I got a 7D at the beginning of the year and I'm still not > > > >> comfortable with > > > >> my workflow. Hoping someone here has some experience with it. > > > >> > > > >> 1. Pull clips into my raw video folder using the EOS Utility that > > > >> comes with > > > >> the camera. This works well. > > > >> > > > >> 2. Convert the 1080p h.264 clips to raw uncompressed AVIs with > > > >> converter > > > >> software (I use AVS). This is mainly because Premiere won't > > import > > > >> them as > > > >> is. Was hoping to find a preset online to download, but haven't > > seen > > > >> one > > > >> yet. > > > >> > > > >> 3. Pull them down into the timeline and render the whole thing. > > If > > > >> you don't > > > >> do this, it's pretty much unusably jerky. Even after this, it's > > not > > > >> always > > > >> smooth. I have a powerful machine too. I find that if I disable > > the > > > >> audio, I > > > >> can scrub the footage pretty smoothly, but that just means I > > have to > > > >> disable > > > >> the video track when I want to cut to the audio. FML. > > > >> > > > >> 4. Cut, render, compress. > > > >> > > > >> So this is a bitch and a half, and I have been reading up on > > other > > > >> people's > > > >> 7D workflows around the web, but 90% of them are on Macs. Has > > anyone > > > >> here > > > >> been working with 7D footage on a PC? > > > >> > > > >> Thanks, > > > >> Adam > > > >> > > > >> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
