As I've mentioned in another post, I'm trialing Pinnacle Studio HD 14
and it works pretty well with my 1280x720 HD H.264 clips direct from
my Sanyo Xacti, I don't convert first.

No idea about the 7D, but it might be worth a trial.

Dave.

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 1:11 AM, Adam Quirk <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>
> I got a 7D at the beginning of the year and I'm still not comfortable with
> my workflow. Hoping someone here has some experience with it.
>
> 1. Pull clips into my raw video folder using the EOS Utility that comes with
> the camera. This works well.
>
> 2. Convert the 1080p h.264 clips to raw uncompressed AVIs with converter
> software (I use AVS). This is mainly because Premiere won't import them as
> is. Was hoping to find a preset online to download, but haven't seen one
> yet.
>
> 3. Pull them down into the timeline and render the whole thing. If you don't
> do this, it's pretty much unusably jerky. Even after this, it's not always
> smooth. I have a powerful machine too. I find that if I disable the audio, I
> can scrub the footage pretty smoothly, but that just means I have to disable
> the video track when I want to cut to the audio. FML.
>
> 4. Cut, render, compress.
>
> So this is a bitch and a half, and I have been reading up on other people's
> 7D workflows around the web, but 90% of them are on Macs. Has anyone here
> been working with 7D footage on a PC?
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

Reply via email to