Rupert Howe wrote:
> I'm trying to expand my list of stock/royalty-free music sources -  
> particularly websites.  Which supply tracks that can be used for  
> commercial as well as non-commercial use?

For my commercial work, I mostly use music volumes from digitaljuice.com 
- and that's not just because I do work for them!  ;)

They do two lines of music. The current product is called StackTraxx. 
Using their software, you can turn off different tracks of music (i.e. 
turn off all but drums & bass) to customize it. You don't get the MIDI 
data or anything - everything is in a song already, it's just that you 
get it in its multitrack format.

This is handy for voiceovers. I create two versions of the song - one 
with all the tracks, and then one with just the rhythm tracks. This way 
I can fade between the two, using the simpler one when voiceover comes 
in. Great to not have the music compete with narration.  StackTraxx come 
in various lengths, including 10 seconds, 15 sec, 30, 60, and full 
length around 4-5 minutes

The other collection they used to have was called BackTraxx.  This was a 
massive 2 volume set with something like 10,000 tracks. Some were a 
little synthy and cheap sounding, but with the sheer number of tracks I 
was surprised at how many were darned good. Not as many length variatons 
here. These used to come on CD's so you could even use them in an audio 
player, but more recent issues are on DVD-roms.

StackTraxx aren't a current product, but you can find them on Ebay every 
once in a while, and Digital Juice brings them back as a special product 
at a deal price.  Actually, that's a good reason to subscribe to their 
email list and Facebook. They put out subscriber only deals every once 
in a while. Like StackTraxx volumes for ten bucks and such.  That's how 
I put together a lot of my collection over the years.

I do tutorials for them, but this is unsolicited enthusiasm for the 
products. I don't get a commission or anything.  ;)


-- 
--
      Bohus Blahut
  (BOH-hoosh BLAH-hoot)
 
    modern filmmaker




------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to