A librarian superhero would always know exactly where to go to find how to
defeat the villian, but leave the actual fighting to someone else. Not because
we could not do the fighting, but because that is not their role. (unless it is
that Japanese Manga where all the fighting is done by Librarians)
regards
jhs

John H. Streepy
Media Services Supervisor
Library-Media Circulation
James E. Brooks Library
Central Washington University
400 East University Way
Ellensburg, WA  98926-7548

(509) 963-2861
http://www.lib.cwu.edu/media

"Hand to hand combat just goes with the territory.
All part of being a librarian" -- James Turner "Rex Libris"

Transitus profusum est nocens!

>>> Dennis Doros <milefi...@gmail.com> 3/18/2010 7:24 AM >>>
When I'm asked what an archivist is, I say that it's a librarian with a fedora
and bullwhip, but the adventurer/explorer really is a decent description of a
good librarian as well. I just spent ten minutes trying to paste Gary H's face
on an Indiana Jones poster (though Gary would probably prefer Cannibal Women in
the Avocado Jungle of Death)
for fun but then I realized that the listserv won't take images -- but you get
the idea.

Maureen, it's a fun exercise and you haven't mentioned why you ask, but if it's
a campaign, I don't like making people into superheroes because they can't
exist. People like Indiana Jones and Ben Gates (minus the violence, incredible
stunts, costly special effects and massive treasure) do exist. And many
libraries do have hidden national treasures.

Best,
Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video/Milliarium Zero
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: 201-767-3117
Fax: 201-767-3035
email: milefi...@gmail.com
www.milestonefilms.com
www.arayafilm.com
www.exilesfilm.com
www.wordisoutmovie.com
www.killerofsheep.com
AMIA Philadelphia 2010: www.amianet.org
Join "Milestone Film" on Facebook!

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 10:32 PM, Maureen Tripp
<maureen_tr...@emerson.edu>

wrote:

I need to come up with attributes for one!

Ideas on super-powers, etc. welcome!

Maureen Tripp

Media Librarian

Iwasaki Library