Hi Rhonda!

I had this issue pop up several years ago with the Films for the
Humanities discs; I contacted them to see if they would be able to sell
me more "professionally burned" discs-at a higher price, no less-and
they said they would not. At our end, I simply had to "recall" all of
our discs that I had purchased from them, since they were far more
trouble than they were worth in our collection. I now avoid buying these
cheaply made DVD-Rs altogether. There is no legal recourse, most likely,
but IANAL. We certainly would not be legally allowed to create some sort
of usable disc on our own. I would like to hear what others' experiences
have been, though, because those products are attractive other than
their disgracefully cheap materials.

Bryan Griest

Glendale Public Library

222 E. Harvard St.