Never heard of an independent media purchasing consultant, but sounds like a
way to turn one's "hobby" into a real job. Actually I do independent
media marketing, booking and sales (for a shameless plug I am currently
working on My Neighbor My Killer, Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno, Eyes Wide
Open, A Small Act and some others). As a practical matter I am not sure how
one would charge for tracking down the rights/ copies of films.
I did have one really fun small job in the spring where I did get paid for
tracking down the rights and prints for rare classic films for a film
festival.

For the moment you can keep taking advantage of my generosity and knowledge,
but if I figure out a way to make you guys pay for it, I will.