From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Jessica Rosner
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 5:39 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Question about streaming rights

It is "right of first sale" that allows you to check out the DVD to as many
people you like. Not really sure why "fair use" comes up as much it does here ,
other than it sounds so nice & cuddly. "Fair Use" only comes into play when
someone needs to use a portion of a work ( film, book whatever) to create a new
work so clips in a lecture, or student film or something like that.
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Ball, James (jmb4aw)