There's talk here of getting rid of the media desk, and merging it with the
regular circulation desk, in an attempt to same money on the staff budget.
I don't like this, but I'm not sure why.
We have two collections--one which circulates to students, and I'm sure that
could be handled at the circ desk.
But we also have a teaching collection, which is booked for faculty in
advance--or, which happens often, faculty can call us and book titles on the
spot.  These videos don't circulate outside of the Library, except for use by
faculty in classes, or for faculty preview.
It seems to me that having two service desks is a good idea, to relieve stress
and congestion.  But I don't have any evidence for this, and I'm a committee of
one, the only Media Librarian here, and thus, I have a vested interest in
keeping a separate media desk.
Has anyone gone through this?  Does anyone have any ideas pro or con for
merging media operations with the print circulation desk?
Any help/feedback would be much appreciated!