Hello all,
I am 99.9% positive I gave a faculty member the correct response to his request
but I thought I would verify with the CW of this august body.

The professor is teaching an entirely online course and wants to stream a few
full length feature films for the students.  These films would only be
accessible though a closed password encrypted system.  I informed him that at
best he could steam a clip or two (for that is protected both by fair use and
the TEACH Act) but digitizing and streaming a full feature film would violate
copyright.  I then informed him that obtaining streaming rights for feature
films is next to impossible.  Did I give this professor correct information?

thanks

jhs
John H. Streepy
Media Services Supervisor
Library-Media Circulation
James E. Brooks Library
Central Washington University
400 East University Way
Ellensburg, WA  98926-7548

(509) 963-2861
http://www.lib.cwu.edu/media

"Hand to hand combat just goes with the territory.
All part of being a librarian" -- James Turner "Rex Libris"

Transitus profusum est nocens!