Hi Troy

Well, ages ago I put together a white paper with Larry Daressa (of
California Newsreel) which attempted to provide a snapshot of the terrain,
including issues (http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/vod08b.pdf) which was
subsequently turned into an article in Library Trends (Volume 58, Number
3, Winter 2010)

Is that what you're thinking of???

While I think a few things have shifted slightly since, not sure a
"re-engineering" is called for yet...

Gary Handman

Director
Media Resources Center