Dear CW,

I have a patron who wanted to use the new film The Artist as the basis for a
paper.  The paper was about the transition in Hollywood from silent film to
talkies.
Of course, the film is not opening in the US until Nov. 23rd as a limited run.
I suggested Singin in the Rain as an alternative.  Does anybody have any
suggestions for other films?

Eileen Karsten
Head of Technical Services
Donnelley & Lee Library