Hi everyone -

I am the filmmaker of SLEEP DEALER.

I also run a distributor of Latino films for the educational/institutional
market, http://subcine.com

We negotiated to sell DVDs with PPR rights to the educational market years
ago, before Maya Entertainment went out of business.

My understanding is that right now, with Maya out of business, the film has
no general distributor, but my producer and I own it, and SubCine is still
selling it.

SLEEP DEALER is listed for sale, with PPR rights, here:
http://www.subcine.com/film/40-sleep-dealer.html

Many thanks for your interest.

All the best,
Alex

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get ppr for Sleep Dealer -  http://www.sleepdealer.com/
>
> It is not through Swank or Criterion.  In fact - I believe it is through
> maya-entertainment.  The problem is their web site is down and the phone is
> disconnected.  They haven't posted anything on Twitter of FB since February.
> What happens to these rights when a company goes under?
>
> According to imdb, there are two production companies associated with the
> film.  This is that Productions closed down in 2010.  Likely Story Productions
> still exists, but have not responded to my email.  There is a FB page for
> Sleep Dealer and I sent an email that way as well, but they also didn't
> respond.
>
> Any suggestions on what I might try?
>
> Many thanks,
> Allen Reichert
> Electronic Access Librarian
> Otterbein University

           *** http://www.subcine.com ***
       SUBCINE:  Independent Latino Film and Video
Find up to date news and information on the most relevant,
challenging, and progressive Latino media being made today.
              Purchase tapes through:
           *** http://www.subcine.com ***