Good Afternoon,

Our Media Library has recently merged with the Main Library on campus. Prior to
this we were not under the administration of the Library.  Thus we did not use
the Acquisitions Module for ordering materials. I ordered materials through the
vendors, Amazon, wherever I could find them not through jobbers or approval
plans.  This worked well for us in that we were able to order materials quickly
(depending on the money left), check them and have them cataloged in a timely
fashion and to the faculty who ordered them, often on short notice.  I realize
that as we are part of the Library system now, things will change.  I'm
wondering if anyone has experienced something similar. How did you incorporate
media purchases?  How did you make the decision about who would do the
ordering. All of this is up in the air at this point, but I'd love to have some
information from anyone who has gone through this type of change.  Thanks in
advance for your help.  I have searched the archives and do have most of the
posts up to 2010.

Jean

Media Library Coordinator
Walker Library