A practical solution would be to make sure all your screeners are clearly
marked screener and are heavily watermarked with "SCREENER" throughout the
film. As I mentioned this probably does not afford you legal protection but
it would make the copy unsuitable for a library and would tip the librarian
off that it is not intended for circulation. Also as Dennis mentioned VIMEO
or a similar service would protect you from ever letting them have a copy.

On an unrelated side note I am not a fan of 'pay to submit" festivals and I
have never done this.