Dear Caryl,

In regards to a virus that's a very complex question. Since you can't know
the source of the website or each individual upload (almost all of these
sites have thousands of films uploaded illegally by thousands of people)
and each one of them have probably downloaded a lot of films from illegal
websites, it's very possible that many of them have viruses attached. I'm
not sure there is a way to tell without downloading files and checking them
out. It's definitely comparable to STDs, come to think of it. If you don't
know the person, you're taking a real risk. If you have relations (isn't
that so polite of me?) with a dozen or 100 people, the odds are really not
in your favor. And in terms of downloading, you may think you're using
protection, but there are so many new viruses every day, that your
anti-virus software might not protect you.

Now this is from a distributor so I have a dim view of downloading.
Everybody under 25 does a ton of it, but I've never done a scan of a
computer of somebody who does it to see what it reveals.

Best regards,
Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128 / Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: 201-767-3117 / Fax: 201-767-3035 / Email: milefi...@gmail.com
Visit our main website!  www.milestonefilms.com
Visit our new websites!  www.mspresents.com, www.portraitofjason.com,
www.shirleyclarkefilms.com,
To see or download our 2014 Video Catalog, click
here<http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0150/7896/files/2014MilestoneVideoCatalog.pdf?75>
!

Support "Milestone Film" on
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Milestone-Film/22348485426>
 and Twitter <https://twitter.com/#!/MilestoneFilms>!

See the website: Association of Moving Image
Archivists<http://www.amianet.org/> and
like them on
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Association-of-Moving-Image-Archivists/86854559717>
AMIA 2014 Conference, Savannah, Georgia, October 8-11,
2014<http://www.amianet.org/>