I am not sure that I could agree with the thesis that librarians are “the worst
of censors” and “do it all the time.” This may be often the case in certain
politically repressive cultures (North Korea?) but I don’t believe that it is
necessary the standard norm in American academic libraries. Besides other
responsibilities here at USC, I am also the selector for Holocaust Studies. I
felt myself distinctly queasy about ordering some Holocaust denial books for
the collection, but the books did get ordered.

In any case, claiming that another colleague’s opinion is categorically “wrong”
is a highly subjective judgment. Or so I think.

Best regards,
Anthony

Anthony E. Anderson
Assistant Director, Doheny Memorial Library
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0182
(213) 740-1190   antho...@usc.edu<mailto:antho...@usc.edu>
"Wind, regen, zon, of kou,