Darby,

Please do not take my comments personally.  I am truly sorry if I offended
you but I stand by my comments.  Of course you would not buy any child
pornography.  None of us would.  I would still like to know the title.  The
professor had a good reason for using it so that makes it a justifiable
purchase.  Too often we worry what the majority will think but ignore
individuals.  I deal with situations like this all the time as I am now at
a public library but I try to remain open minded in an attempt to serve
everyone.  There may be hell to pay but that is what being a librarian is
all about.  Maybe the requester was just being polite to you and did not
want to make your job anymore difficult.  I still think this is a case of
censorship and am very disappointed in the other librarians who agree with
you.  This is a respectful discussion.  I just can't support what you did.
That's all.  Who knows, maybe I will post something here that others
disagree with vehemently. That's OK.  I won't take it personally and
perhaps even rethink it.  I make a lot of mistakes so I am very open for
criticism.  Thanks for listening.

Doug