Hi Kim,

 We do not keep the captioned copies in the library after the semester they
are requested because of the situation you mentioned. We send them back to
the DS office and they can do what they want with them. In most cases the
captioned copy will never be used again but that's okay because our primary
concern is access to the current student.

--
Chris Lewis  American University Library  202.885.3257