From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu <videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu>
on behalf of Hansen, Lindsay J <lindsay.han...@csun.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 3:43 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] accession numbers for multi-volume sets

Dear colleagues,

I am wondering how your respective libraries handle multi-volume sets that are
given accession numbers rather than call numbers.

Does each individual DVD or VHS (!) have a unique accession number, or do you
use the same number but have an add-on such as volume 1, disk 1, etc?

For example, if you have the Great Speeches collection, do you catalog them
with different accession numbers or do you use 1235 vol 1, 1235 vol 2?

I am only interested in how the numbering would work for a closed collection,
not for anything that is browsable or in the stacks.

Thank you for your feedback.

Lindsay Hansen

Lindsay J. Hansen

Music & Media Librarian

-

California State University, Northridge

18111 Nordhoff St.

Northridge, CA  91330-8326

Phone: (818) 677-7147

Fax: (818) 677-7167

lindsay.han...@csun.edu<mailto:june.pen...@csun.edu>

[cid:51B003A7-C912-4D00-9CDC-329313125DC8]