From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Meghann Matwichuk
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2016 10:59 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] 13th and Streaming Distribution w/o Educational
Availability

I like the idea of a petition.  Who would we target?  Amazon (Prime) and
Netflix seem to be the primary 'offenders' right now.  (But there are
individual / self-distributors who are also only selling to individuals via
stream.)

Another possibility -- maybe a joint letter from VRT and NMM?

Meredith and other vendor allies -- what do you think would be a good way for
those of us interested in making a joint statement to get the attention of the
right folks?

Alternately, it might be helpful to attach something like the joint letter or a
statement with a giant gob of signatories when we're all individually
contacting distributors.  Like, keep it on your desktop and just clip it to any
of these individual emails we might send when we advocate for educational
distribution.  "You might be interested to know that there are many who are
concerned about this issue, and are interested in purchasing hard copies and
educational licenses.  Please see the attached letter."

--

Meghann Matwichuk, M.S.

Associate Librarian

Coordinator, Film & Video Collection