Hi Toby,

 >> The first project I have in mind is the benchmarking GUI we brainstormed
>> about in IRC. It's probably a good idea to push out a first working
>> version in the next weeks and then let the student work on refinements
>> such as a visualization of the results, etc.
>
> Were you thinking of doing this in C++? Because I think it could be a
> fun example of using PyViennaCL and Python's various data-plotting
> tools.. (In any case, I think it would be good to ship some example code
> as well as just tutorial snippets with PyViennaCL). Of course, the C++
> interface is probably more ready right now, but it would definitely
> provide a good incentive to get a release out ASAP!

my rough idea is to do this in C++ using Qt. This should be a standalone
GUI-only thingy, not exposing any 'coding' or compilation to the user.
Pretty much like other benchmark GUIs out there, but targeting general
purpose codes on accelerators rather than e.g. computer games :-)

Best regards,
Karli