Philippe Tillet <phil.til...@gmail.com>
writes:
> I'll be available from Tuesday afternoon on. What about wednesday 13:00 UTC
> and 15:00 UTC?

Both of these are fine by me! Sorry for the delay responding.

I've also now managed to integrate user-provided kernels into the
PyViennaCL expression graph. Have a look at [1]. The user provides a
subclass of CustomNode describing the argument and result types and
giving either the kernel source or a callable kernel object, and then
any instance of the class is treated just like any other PyViennaCL
statement node: it is computed only when necessary, and admits of all
the usual operations.

At the moment, OpenCL and main memory back-ends are supported, and any
number of operands. So you can use it to implement any arbitrary
function of any set of ViennaCL objects.

[1]
https://github.com/viennacl/pyviennacl-dev/blob/custom-kernels/examples/simple-custom-node-sum.py

Toby

>> Hey,
>>

>> > Unfortunately I won't be available until Tuesday for a meeting. Python
>>
>>> and CUDA-based libraries are widely used by the Machine Learning
>>> community. I also want to push OpenCL forwards, but supporting CUDA
>>> through PyViennaCL would be a very good thing to do, since a lot of
>>> researcher think that CUDA is faster (or will at least want to compare).
>>>

>> Okay, if you're unavailable until Tuesday then we just postpone it until
>> next week (both topic meetings). Let's use the time to arrange good time
>> slots: Suggestions?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Karli

Toby St Clere Smithe