Hey Matt,

 > I just wanted to let you know that following the readme build directions
> resulted in a successful build.  For me the key way to build the
> dependencies first and it is now documented clearly.

thanks for the feedback! Glad it works now :-)

> All is well and the benchmark looks great.  It's really coming along
> nicely.  Great work Namik!
>
> blas, vector and copy benchmarks ran great.  Sparse fails though...

I think this is due to the attempt of reading the data files, which may
not be found from your location. We'll soon have on-the-fly generation
of sparse matrices with typical patterns in practice, so we don't need
to have error-prone reads from the filesystem.

> Lastly, you two have any interest in having me send you a fully compiled
> standalone MSVC2013 version?  You would just need to install the
> runtime.  I don't have gcc and I'd be curious which compiler does a
> better job.

Hmm, what if you install MinGW yourself? This way you can easily compare
the results obtained from Visual Studio and MinGW (GCC) with each update
of the GUI and/or the kernels in ViennaCL? The instructions online
should work equally well.

Best regards,
Karli