On 5/20/2011 1:46 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

I can press c-c c-c to try again and that works in most cases, but
then it adds the message to the outgoing folder again, so I need to
erase the .FCC line by hand.  wouldn't it be good if a failed message
was automatically put in "outgoing folder" such as a queued- mail
directory, and then sent at a later time?  perhaps when smtpmail is
called again to send another message?

That seems to be specific to VM, so I'll let the VM crowd handle it.

Well, it is not really a VM thing, except to say that VM is still using mail-mode for sending mail, which is semi-obsolete. mail-mode puts FCC headers in the message composition buffer and leaves them there until the message gets sent.

Perhaps moving to message-mode will cure the problem?

Cheers,
Uday