John Stoffel skrev:
> Whee!  Here's a bunch of the errors I get in emacs 28.2 loading
> vm-load.el once I added the directory into my library-path.

The right thing would of course be to fix the bugs. VM is in need for
someone to dare take over maintainership. At least someone to sync the
various patches people come with from time to time.

>From what I found VM is not currently usable with JIT-compilation. In
the Fedora packaging I maintain I have disabled JIT with the code
below. The list variable to add to changed name between emacs 28 and
29, that is the reason for the list with two names.

;; For some reason, native compilation breaks VM. As a workaround until the
;; problem is understood and fixed, disable native compilation of all VM
;; lisp files.
(eval-after-load "comp"
  '(dolist
       (deny-list '(native-comp-deferred-compilation-deny-list
                    native-comp-jit-compilation-deny-list))
     (if (boundp deny-list)
         (add-to-list deny-list "/vm.*\.el"))))