>> Can you tell me which version of VM you did your diff from?
> A `git clone` of the (Bzr) Launchpad repository.

Ah ok.  I'll base my testing on that then.

But I'm looking at your patch now and I see how you've gotten rid of a
bunch of:

   -(defun vm-mouse-xemacs-mouse-p ()
   -  (and vm-xemacs-p
   -       (fboundp 'set-mouse-position)))
   -
   -(defun vm-menu-fsfemacs-menus-p ()
   -  (and vm-fsfemacs-p
   -       (fboundp 'menu-bar-mode)))

And them replaced a bunch of uses like the following:

    (defun vm-warp-mouse-to-frame-maybe (&optional frame)
      (or frame (setq frame (vm-selected-frame)))
      (if (vm-mouse-support-possible-here-p)
   -      (cond ((vm-mouse-xemacs-mouse-p)
   +      (cond ((featurep 'xemacs)
                (cond ((fboundp 'mouse-position);; XEmacs 19.12 and up
                       (let ((mp (mouse-position)))

But I wonder if this will break people who use xemacs in terminal mode
only?  It might also just be crufy from ancient support of various
emacs/xemacs versions where testing for features was more problematic?

John