Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2007 3:29 PM
Subject: [VIHUELA]

> I have two questions:
>
> Having read several times that Giovanni Paolo Foscarini's Italian
> translation of Kepler's 'Harmonices mundi' was published in Paris, in
> 1647, I wonder where this information comes from.

Well - James Tyler's book - but he gives no source of reference for the
information.

Matteis. I would like
> to find out about music with a guitar part in alfabeto only.

There are these pieces in Ricci's Scuola d'intavolatura

D1v      Balletto allegro per la Mandola, del Sig. P. Gasparo Cantarelli
Bolognese - in two parts without alfabeto, treble clef, G major

D2v      Balletto 2 without alfabeto, C major

D3v      Balletto de mede[si]mo - bass clef with alfabeto, C major

D3v      Aria - bass clef with alfabeto, G major

The bass lines don't seem to match the mandola parts though.