your goodselves and google are all i've got!

inaccuracy on the internet is bad enough but coupled
with a failing memory ... it's a real problem ... to
wit:

i remember reading ... somewhere ... that the canary
island timple was introduced to the islands by arab
miners brought from n. africa to work the mines there.
 it's possible that the figure "8" shape could have
traveled back to the maghreb from iberia but i suspect
the opposite is more likely.

could a half-section of an hour-glass gourd be the
source of the figure "8" shape?

- bill