I wonder if you've added at least one bar towards the end. I'm sure there is definitely something dodgy about line 8, penultimate bar to final bar on that line (bars 10-11 in Monica's transcription). I think there is a bar - or more - missing and you have unconsciously compensated for it.

You may be right - I haven't looked at that bit closely!

Rob, while you have your guitar in one hand and the Edirol in the other, try playing line one, second half of bar 4. The single note (a) on the first course is marked with a strum sign. Can you physically play the preceding chord and add the a? And even if you could, does it sound remotely plausible as chord? And again the last two bars of line two, especially the penultimate bar. Can you strum them? Could you make a recording of a bit more of this piece?

All these notes are meant to be played as single notes. They are not intended to be included in the chord.

Finally , line 9, bar 4. how  do you add a top g to a full barre Bb chord?

You don't - it's meant to be a G major chord - include the open 2nd and 3rd courses and it modulates to C minor...(K3)

And the penultimate note of the penultimate bar: how do you add,
physically, add an a to a C minor chord? Surely this must be single note (but it's got a strum sign).

Yes - it can only be a single note...

I think Monica must be right in saying that some of Foscarini's strum signs aren't actually strum signs. And there are strum signs all over the place in Foscarini.

Hooray!

Monica