Did you do some Pete Towshend-like windmill strums, and then smash the
   guitar over the baptismal fount?

   Rob

   2008/12/29 David van Ooijen <[1]davidvanooi...@gmail.com>

     Slightly OT.
     Yesterday I was playing baroque guitar in he opening choir of the
     fifth cantata of Bach's Christmas Oratorio. Changed many orchestra
     members' idea of the piece in the process, btw: off-beat strumming
     and
     golpe on the rests in the bass was not what they were used to. ;-)
     It
     was a small band: four violins, viola, cello, double bass, two oboe,
     bassoon, cembalo and just four singers. Everybody except the cello,
     double bass and cembalo where standing up. I was standing up too.
     Standing up I blended better, had better projection and better
     visibility. While I was strumming away looking at the 500+ audience,
     couldn't help feeling like a pop guitar hero, and it was very hard
     not
     to move like one. I'm not a pop guitar player at all, but the
     association with strumming-chords-while-standing was very strong.
     Just some observations.
     David - holidays for a full week!