To: "'Vihuelalist'" <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 8:18 PM
Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: Baroque guitar, where to start?

I like this thesis.  Also, the music of these composers tends to exist both
in publication and widely scattered manuscripts compiled by different
individuals in different places.  I wouldn't be surprised if different
players transcribed it differently in their own manuscript versions to best
suit their own personal stringing tastes.  Where they occur, has anybody
endeavored to compare the settings of single pieces across different
sources, especially different manuscript sources of disparate origins?

Best,
Eugene