To: "Lex Eisenhardt" <eisenha...@planet.nl>
Cc: "Vihuelalist" <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 10:13 PM
Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: Adam Ebert

Sorry if I haven't made myself clear.   The passage about Corbetta is in
the section about Italy.   But I also read the section about England -
which doesn't mention him - but does mention many of the people at the
court of Charles II whom Corbetta would have known in the 1660s.   Also
describes Whitehall, the City and Westminster Abbey.   Ebert's Memoirs
were published in 1724 apparently 50 years later than his visits.

Actually I did have a look at website and the text you seem to be
referring to is slightly
different from what I have.  Also the page numbering is different.   There
may have been more than one edition and perhaps the sections are in a
different order.  The bit about Turin is on p.21 according to my notes.

This last sentence I think you a referring to  reads in my transcription.

Es ward einem jedem fremden Musico, so in Turin am Hoffsich hören liess
500.
Thlr. gegeben; und wolte Madame Royale sich darinn absonderlich zu ihren
Zeiten sehen lassen, und dem Signor Corbetto izo nichts abbrechen.

unless I copied it wrong.

I have John Roberts articles.   He doesn't give a source of reference and
the quotation is in two sections with dots in the middle.

Monica

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lex Eisenhardt" <eisenha...@planet.nl>