Well - the pieces in the Gallot Ms. - the only known source of music for the
instrument - are all solo pieces and are in C major or C minor. Some are found
in other arrangements in other sources - one of them is in Scottish Lute Ms.
“Pamure 5” and is on your CD.

The two lowest course seem to be used just as frequently as the others.
In the ms. the courses are numbered a/ a//  a/// 4  5  6  7 just to confuse.

As ever
Monica