On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 09:30:37PM +0100, Fred Labrosse wrote:
> On Friday 20 May 2011 21:03:56 Fred Labrosse wrote:
> Obviously, I hate doing that, as soon as posting I found it.  GeoRef is the
> type.  Still trying to understand what I need to specify, but I'll find it.

If your maps aren't already georef'd, it's troublesome to find the
correct values to use.

For reference, the four values are:

* meters per pixel in X direction
* meters per pixel in Y direction
* UTM X of top left map corner
* UTM Y of top left map corner

You'll note that there's no UTM zone. This doesn't matter on a small
enough scale.

I wrote a collection of scripts that triangulate the correct set of
values from three lat/lon->x/y pairs, but they're nowhere near usable
for the general public. If you're handy with maxima (the mathematica
clone) let me know and I'll ship them your way.