Hi Evan,

2012/4/29 Evan Battaglia <gtoe...@gmx.net>:
> [snip]
> Anyway, my commit to add support for it is here:
> https://github.com/evanbattaglia/viking/commit/799f073c1ff89f8cd904d39e364fb9d402bce844
>
> Tell me if anyone has any comments. I just copied the autotools stuff from
> BlueMarble, man that stuff is crazy :) I'm not sure how we're picking map
> source IDs these days, I just picked a random number that wasn't being used
> (29). Seems like these ids are kind of all over and hard to see what is
> being used...
>
> I've also attached a patch made with 'git format-patch master'. Or I guess I
> still have permissions to write directly to the SF git repo... haven't done
> it in a few years ...

I did not test your patch, simply read it.

You do not have to credit me on the two new files, they are yours. :-)

You can find a (quite) complete list of maps here:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/viking/index.php?title=Maps
Can be a good source to check if an internal id is free or not. You
can also describe your new source as a simple configuration. This can
allow people to use it even with an older version of viking.

About the integration of such map inside the viking code, I do not
have clear position. In one hand, it seems to be a usefull freely
available map. In the other hand, this is USA only related. Perhaps
the hability to configure it is enough?

Any opinion? How to decide wether a map as to be a built-in and when a
simple configuration is enough?

Best regards,
--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE