Hi,

Just a little email to share a recent discovery. The Gnome project started
a Maps application[1] and revive GeoClue[2].

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Maps
[2] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/geoclue

The first event brings a new competitor to viking, depending the goals of
the project. We can also consider the opportunity to revise the viking's
goals in order to avoid duplication and start collaboration with this
project. But we can stay as is and consider viking is a standalone
application, a Gtk application and not a Gnome application.

The second event can be the opportunity to add a new "backend" to viking. I
already have such an idea, but never bring it to reality.

Feel free to comment and advertise, any GPS or Map application is an
opportunity for viking to evolve.
--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE
-=- JID: gu...@im.apinc.org MSN: guilhem_bonnefi...@hotmail.com