I'm trying to build vile-9.8 on a Debian system where I have a shared
hosting account with ssh access.

I'm doing "./configure --prefix=$HOME" and it runs OK but there are
couple of warnings.

Firstly it can't find a good lex so it says:-
    configure: WARNING: disabling build for lex-filters
I don't think this is going to be an issue.

However, later on in configure I get:-
    configure: WARNING: Cannot find -ltermlib, -lcurses, or -ltermcap
and then at link time there are loads of undefined references to
tputs, tgoto, and a lot of other txxxxx symbols.

So presumably I need to build one of those libraries, or is there
something simpler I can do?

--
Chris Green