Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Mon, Mar 04, 2024 at 11:08:11AM -0500, lists-vile--- via discussions
concerning the vile text editor wrote:
Thomas,

On the mail vile page, https://www.invisible-island.net/vile/vile.html, the
Slackbuild that is referenced is out of date. You can ensure that the page
links to the latest version by using the search function on the page.

https://slackbuilds.org/result/?search=vile
that works, though not elegant:
it gives me both vile and xvile -- and bubblewrap

It would be nice if there were a "current" alias at the top of the tree,
so that one could make a better search.

I can kind of understand why xvile is there but I've never been able to figure out why bubblewrap is mixed in. And if the search key is just xvile, that is all that is returned. The search functionality could definitely be improved.

  • Slackbuild U... lists-vile--- via discussions concerning the vile text editor
    • Re: Sla... Thomas Dickey
      • Re:... lists-vile--- via discussions concerning the vile text editor
        • ... Thomas Dickey