On Mon, Mar 04, 2024 at 06:00:24PM -0500, lists-vile--- via discussions
concerning the vile text editor wrote:
> Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 04, 2024 at 11:08:11AM -0500, lists-vile--- via discussions
> > concerning the vile text editor wrote:
> > > Thomas,
> > >
> > > On the mail vile page, https://www.invisible-island.net/vile/vile.html,
> > > the
> > > Slackbuild that is referenced is out of date. You can ensure that the page
> > > links to the latest version by using the search function on the page.
> > >
> > > https://slackbuilds.org/result/?search=vile
> > that works, though not elegant:
> > it gives me both vile and xvile -- and bubblewrap
> >
> > It would be nice if there were a "current" alias at the top of the tree,
> > so that one could make a better search.
> >
> I can kind of understand why xvile is there but I've never been able to
> figure out why bubblewrap is mixed in. And if the search key is just xvile,
> that is all that is returned. The search functionality could definitely be
> improved.

"vile" is a substring of "unprivileged", which appears in the description
of bubblewrap.

(I use symbolic links on my website; a "current" on slackbuilds.org would help)

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dic...@invisible-island.net>
https://invisible-island.net

  • Slackbuild U... lists-vile--- via discussions concerning the vile text editor
    • Re: Sla... Thomas Dickey
      • Re:... lists-vile--- via discussions concerning the vile text editor
        • ... Thomas Dickey