A .ini file is edited in [inimode].  It's also edited with DOS line
endings, i.e. [inimode crlf].

Normally when a file is in "crlf" mode, you can do "set nodos" before
writing it out to eliminate the DOS line endings.

But if the file is also in inimode, that doesn't work.

So I have a .ini file, on linux, which keeps getting CRNL line endings
every time I edit and write it.  Frustrating, since the program that reads
it warns about this when it starts.

Is there a way to prevent the INI filter (if that's what's doing it) from
changing the file's line endings?

Barring that, how do I disable an editing mode -- how can I tell vile
that a .ini file isn't special at all.

paul
 paul fox, p...@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma, where it's 47.7 degrees)