Title: Re: new villagewell topic for january
dullyhump a and other villagers,

is not every breath we breathe an act of creation?  are we really the same creature, is it the same world from one second to the next?  tis a remarkable age to live in when we can be aware of tremendous movement in civil/international/artistic/criminal/debase/economic/emotional.....endeavours in every sphere imaginable - is history a reality or as I understand it - it's all happening simultaneously

this week i've been reading Sole Woyinka, an eloquent and articulate Nigerian writer who makes explicitly clear the political and international events that have formed Nigeria. He writes with such biting mockery of these events and at the same time with reverence to detail of all the surrounding tangible and emotional landscape - it fills me with the awe of being alive.

i'm on holidays so have had the luxury of dwelling on this and many other stories that are so available to me - on Radio National - an ABC radio station this week, there has been a serialised version of 'Australians under Nippon' - various accounts of how Australians survived in various 'detention' camps during second World War.  Again these remarkable, harrowing, heartwrenching stories highlight our humanity - that something that sometimes sends us mad or to death and terrible suffering but also sometimes to important insights about our inner life when all else has been denied us.  Some people were able to train their memories, some conducted classes, some developed strategies of sharing rather than bartering and trade, most wanted to live despite the conditions.

I visited an old lady (she is about 85yrs old) in the evening and asked her if she had listened to this particular version, as I know she listens to this radio station a lot.  She said yes, she had and then proceeded to tell me anguished stories of her own recollections of meeting her compatriots and friends coming back at various times, and reunions and her pained inability to ask about their experiences.  She relived her pain with me the other night as she realised her emotional illiteracy at the time to connect with her friends.  Today, on the eve of more global madness/revenge/blindness (apologies to 'the blind') we have the opportunity to become emotionally literate, is this not an act of creation also?

andrea, i love your poem and i apologise for the challenge.  i missed an opportunity to continue the creation of tea...

hump     bump     sump (car sump)     mumps     gumps     gumption     sumptuous     unctious     fractious     cautious    dormant    sorbet    morbid    frigid    rigid

rich     poor    door    sore    fore    more    bore    law    for some    for whom?    for what?    whatfor?    q    queue    u    you    ewe    blue    caw (I hear them outside -

crows)     rows   enough!    basta!

(sorry to the deaf for the focus on sound play)

is being creative a pressure?

preachypam