> Why do you want CR-LF files?  A single LF should work just fine.  The
> only place where I know it doesn't work is when you read Make_ivc.mak
> into Visual Studio.
>
> Automatic LF to CR-LF translation always causes trouble somewhere.

CVS did it automatically, as long as binaries are properly tagged there
shouldn't be (and wasn't, at least for me) a problem.

One reason is consistency: This is the behavior CVS had, it is the format
the releases are in on the ftp site, it also makes things look better when I
edit my .vim files with notepad.

Just another request for native line endings.

--
Anduin Withers