Martin Stubenschrott wrote:
I am using vim7 final, and have this problem:

Let's assume this buffer (between the quotes):
"
this
that
"

Now i start inserting 'th' and press ctrl-n and get a popup menu with
two choices 'this' and 'that', while the inserted text still remains
'th' (I am using completeopt=longest,menu,preview).

Now I decide to keep on writing since I don't want neither 'this' or
'that', and write let's say 'thus'.

After that I press 'esc', and a '.' to repeat the insertion.
But now I get 'thusus' instead of just 'thus'.

regards, and thanks for the wonderful vim7 release.

--
Martin

IIUC, the 2nd "us" is the "repeated" insertion, from your dot command. Maybe "thusthus" would have been more logical but I guess using Omni completion (even without applying any result found) created an undo point. (IIUC, Escape just left Insert mode, going into Normal mode.)

Or did I misunderstand you?

Best regards,
Tony.