* Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [060906 17:07]:

> After you do ":set nohidden" there still is one hidden buffer.  Thus the
> first TestBuf() after that will work a bit different from the next ones.
>
> I do see a problem: The info about the current buffer is displayed even
> though you edited another buffer.  Thus the message should be given for
> the un-hidden file but it's given for the other file, for which a
> message was already given.  I'll fix that.

Okay, I did not get all of the steps to reproduce the problem, though I
thought I had followed my own steps carefully to verify them after
writing them down.  :-(

Note that somefile.txt already exists and has some text before starting.
In my testing since my last message, testbuf.vim already existed except
in the very first test, in which I pasted the text and did :w at the
step designated in my last message.

It seems that after  :set hidden, you must  :call TestBuf()  twice to
see what I believe is wrong (or switch to the second buffer and back,
followed by  :call TestBuf()).  The first time, I see two lines of
output, followed by the "Press ENTER" prompt:

"testbuf.vim" 9 lines, 208 characters
Done with TestBuf (found = 3)
Press ENTER or type command to continue

I understand this behavior, and it is TTBOMK correct.  The second time,
I only see one line (and no "Press ENTER" prompt):

"somefile.txt" line 1 of 28 --3%-- col 1

The behavior that I believe is incorrect is that I see the output from
the  exec "b" curbuf  command, but not the output from my echomsg
command.

The other behavior that I believe is incorrect is that adding  silent
in front of _both_ exec "b" commands still produces the output from the
silent exec "b" curbuf  even though it is supposed to be silent; I also
do not see the output from my echomsg.

Further note, in this last case using silent, that :messages shows the
output from my echomsg _before_ the output from  silent exec "b" curbuf.

...Marvin