peter--

that was the clue i needed -- after turning 'cindent' off i was able
to type

an optimistic man might be tempted to celebrate -- we have proven,
after all, that life goes on after microsoft -- macros can be created
in OOo basic, however bloody

without the indenting weirdness

as much java and C# as i work on, i hope i can live without cindent,
but between you and me, i'm betting off is better

thanx!

sc