On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:14:59 -0500, "Charles E Campbell Jr"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> Denis Perelyubskiy wrote:
>
> >If I remove the netrw plugin, things go back to normal. I did notice
> >that netrw plugin changed recently...
> >

> Can you give me an example?  Also, what o/s are you using?
>
> The s:LocalBrowse() function checks if the name passed to it is a
> directory.
> Except for the Amiga, an empty string should be getting ignored
> (isdirectory("")
> is zero).

Charles, I am on WinXP. I think the problem is this:

If you look at the function I included below, there is an 'echomsg
"dirname<".dirname.">" '. When dirname is empty, this call fails.
Removing this call solves the problem as far as I can tell so far...

" LocalBrowse: {{{2
fun! s:LocalBrowse(dirname)
  " unfortunate interaction -- debugging calls can't be used here;
  " the BufEnter event causes triggering when attempts to write to
  " the DBG buffer are made.
  echomsg "dirname<".dirname.">"
  if has("amiga")
   " The check against '' is made for the Amiga, where the empty
   " string is the current directory and not checking would break
   " things such as the help command.
   if a:dirname != '' && isdirectory(a:dirname)
    silent! call netrw#LocalBrowseCheck(a:dirname)
   endif
  elseif isdirectory(a:dirname)
   echomsg "dirname<".dirname."> isdir"
   silent! call netrw#LocalBrowseCheck(a:dirname)
  endif
  " not a directory, ignore it
endfun
--
// mailto: Denis Perelyubskiy <lists at overwhelmTAKECAPITALSOUT dot net>
// icq   : 12359698